BOTOX® for TMJ Therapy – Richardson, TX
Enjoy Long-Lasting Relief from Jaw, Head, and Neck Pain
BOTOX® injections are commonly associated with facial wrinkles and fine lines. However, it may surprise you to learn that it’s just as beneficial in other areas of your face. If you’re suffering from chronic jaw pain, getting BOTOX® injections could be the solution for you! The effects of jaw pain can be debilitating, negatively affecting your head and neck. With BOTOX®, Dr. Stampe can relieve your pain and improve oral function over time. Simply continue reading to learn more or schedule a consultation today!
What Is BOTOX®?
BOTOX® is the brand name of an injection that is a diluted bacterium, called botulinum toxin. It’s an FDA-approved product that is used to improve facial aesthetics and treat people dealing with chronic jaw pain. When injected into the appropriate area, it temporarily freezes the muscles, effectively minimizing the amount of pressure placed on inflamed jaw joints.
While BOTOX® is not a permanent solution, it can be used in combination with other treatment options, like an occlusal splint. It’s worth noting that patients who undergo BOTOX® for TMJ must keep up with follow-up appointments with Dr. Stampe over time. This treatment is a nonsurgical option that can be performed right here in our office in as little as one session!
Who Is a Good Candidate for BOTOX®?
If you’re experiencing any of the following, you may be a good candidate for BOTOX®:
- Severe headaches
- Intense jaw pain
- Persistent jaw pain
- Teeth grinding and clenching (chronic bruxism)
- Lockjaw or a jaw that pops when opening and closing the mouth
- Difficulty chewing or eating because of an ill-functioning jaw
The only way to know for sure whether or not you’re a viable candidate is by attending a consultation with Dr. Stampe. She will perform a thorough evaluation before treatment to ensure you’re in good general health. In addition, it’s important to fully understand the process of receiving BOTOX® before committing to it.
The Benefits of BOTOX®
Are you thinking about choosing BOTOX® to treat your TMJ disorder? It’s an effective treatment option that will allow you to reap many incredible benefits. Some incredible advantages to look forward to including:
- Improve facial symmetry. If your TMJ has changed your facial shape, BOTOX® can shrink the muscles in the injected areas to create a more symmetrical appearance.
- Minimally invasive procedure. This treatment takes little time to complete, which is incredibly helpful for busy adults and professionals.
- Headache relief. Because there will be a lack of teeth grinding, your headaches will slowly begin to disappear.
- Heal facial muscles. With BOTOX® injections, the facial muscles can begin to heal and rest, alleviating the discomfort caused by inflamed jaw joints.